Sunday 10 September 2017

(POST 8) - I've read a book
















Why did I choose this book?

The book I choose was The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film and the reason for choosing it was because I wanted to see how they created all the characters in star wars such as R2-D2. Also because I've watched all the Star wars films I wanted to find out more general information about the book and behind the scenes stuff. 

What you've read in the book?

There are twelve overflowing chapters. The opening one "Two Visions" starts in 1968, where early ideas for plots, themes, characters and weapons are described. The next chapter "Fighting Words" details rough drafts of the early scripts and at this point, the movie was called "Adventures Of The Starkiller".

Anything new that you have learnt?

From reading this book I have learnt that the interviews and quotes used are from before the release of the film so it's really interesting to read George Lucas and the crew talk about the movie with no idea about how successful it will really be. There are so many different aspects that the book covers, one of particular interest was the special effects which are spoken about in great detail.

Anything that you might use as a stimulus/idea for future ideas/work?

I don't think including anything that I have learnt would be appropriate for future ideas and work
because using it in the music video my group want to make wouldn't be suitable.

Would you recommend the book to anyone else?

Overall, this is a truly incredible book which gives a detailed insight into the making of one the most memorable and ground-breaking movies of all-time therefore I would recommend it to anyone that 
has an interest in Star Wars or how films are made.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment